Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ice Cream & Prayer Requests

Over the last couple of weeks, I took small groups of the girls out to eat ice cream and hang out, and to go gawk at the new Uchumi! (Auntie, they have SO MANY things here!) So, during our ice cream visits I’ve been asking them to share some prayer requests with me. What would you ask prayer for if you were a young girl in Africa? See below to find out theirs, and lift them up...

Nancy (14): “Pray for us as we go back to school. Pray that God would give us wisdom and knowledge, and pray that God protects us and our home and Zion Project.”

Doreen (13): “Pray for us to have wisdom.”

Jolly (14): “Pray for my Grandmother Mbenga, she is in Congo and she is very sick. Safety for my mother as she travels to visit her. Pray for us as we go back to school and, pray that we would have wisdom.”

Afosina (12): "Wisdom. Also, pray that God will help my mother, and that my baby brother will grow up well."

Aloyo (12): "Pray that God will give us wisdom at school. Also that God will help Mama Sarita find the right land for Zion Project to build on."

Charlotte (11): “Pray that I might go up to university, and that I will be bright at school!”

Anita (11): “Wisdom, and to go up to Senior 3 in school.”

Jacky (10): "Wisdom, and that we will respect our teachers and aunties and that they will respect us."

Mercy (12): "Pray for God to make me bright and give me knowledge."

Naomi (10): "Pray for God to change my heart and help me to be good."

Vero (11): "Pray for me to have wisdom, that we would love each other, and that we would help the poor."

Fatuma (10): “I want to go to university, and pray for me to be a good child!”

Espe (10): “Pray for God’s kingdom to come.”

Janet (8): "Wisdom, and pray for us as we go back to school!"

Charlie (7): “Pray that we will be good children and that we won’t abuse our friends!”

Gloria (6): "Pray that we don't fight with our friends."


3 comments:

  1. Oh how precious...may we all remember to come to God with the humility of a child. Let them know that we are praying for them (& you)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. this was amazing. Sharing it on my facebook page. love you girl! -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if that's not humbling...i don't know what is.

    ReplyDelete