Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mini-update

Dear friends,

I am long overdue for an update! As many of you know, I have been home in Tennessee for the last two weeks after my grandfather, Roy Thomas, passed away on August 17th. It was good to be home with my family and my grandmother and I’m very thankful that I was able to be home during this time. As much as I will miss him, I’m thankful also that my Grandpa is experiencing fullness of joy in the presence of the Lord, and will never be in pain or have to suffer again!

I am now back in Uganda as of Sunday. Before I left, Melissa and I had become adjusted to our schedule and had settled into our different ministries well. I was beginning to understand phrases here and there out of people’s conversations, but I think it will take me a few days to get back to that point after being gone! We were beginning to see the children make a lot of progress in their learning, and since I left, Melissa has kept me updated on how they are doing. This past week they read their first sentence in their tribal language, Acholi. I am eager to get back to working with them. I missed the children a lot, as well as my co-workers!

Love,
Sarah

Prayer requests:

For my family, and especially my grandmother Evelyn Thomas
For me, that I would have minimal jetlag and be able to jump right back into work smoothly
For Melissa as she recovers from carrying on our work by herself while I was gone
For ECM’s founder Lorella Rouster as she travels back to Uganda from the states later this month to take care of various tasks
Please continue to pray for the children: for their protection, and for their families and guardians who are facing the ordeal of moving out of the IDP camps and into resettlement areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment