Thursday, August 23, 2012

Daily Details

Outside my window…
You can see tons of stars, the Milky Way, and palm trees :)

I am thinking…
I ate too many Oreos and now I'm not going to be able to sleep.

Noticing that…
Mosquitoes have gotten worse over the last couple of weeks because of all the rain.

I am thankful for…
Friends who make an effort to keep in touch in spite of distance!

From the kitchen…
Adunu or "White Fruit" - tastes like bubble gum 

I am wearing…
Comfy skirt & comfy t-shirt.

I am reading...
"The Life You've Always Wanted" by Ortberg, though I haven't really gotten into it yet.

I am hoping…
That the next few months are going to move a bit slower than the last few.

Pondering these words…
"Neglecting Jesus/the Gospel is the same as rejecting Him/it." from a podcast we listened to tonight.

I am hearing…
Crickets, weird night bird, my fan

Around the house…
A mouse that's immune to poison and can walk across a glue trap like Jesus walked on water.

One of my favorite things…
My USB internet modem.

A few plans for the rest of the week…
Get a birth certificate for our newest girl, take 17 little girls swimming, and attend Mexican food night with most of the other mzungus who live in Gulu.


Special times…
Peter, so proud of his learner's permit
-Three days ago I announced to the girls that I would give rewards for each verse they learned in order from Romans 12. Yesterday I went and Nancy (15 year old) quoted all 21 verses flawlessly.
-Emmy smiles easier and easier these days...all I have to do is say EMMY!
-Catching up with my regular bodas to see how their day was on the ride home each night.
-Peter got his learner's permit!





Recent photo...
Rainy season - my yard as a sudden lake

4 comments:

  1. your mouse comment made me laugh!! ha. hope you had fun with your 17 sweet girls!! :) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this post...and I am thankful for friends who keep in touch despite the distance too. It feels like your not so far away. I love you D!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fruit looks like a couple that we have here, though I've never thought of them tasting like bubble gum. I'm going to pay attention next time! In English it's either a custard apple or soursop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bit on the mouse... LOL! Love you sweet girl. See you in November :):)

    ReplyDelete